Contact: Ashtonderoy@gmail.com or sms 647-850-6802 in Toronto only
Hi I am Ashton Deroy, thank you for checking out my resources for small web-based business management. What is the purpose of this lesson? We want people to stop focusing on creating small business brands. Instead, do what I do and create personal selling brands. Why am I not charging for these lessons? That is because the small business owners I am doing this for cannot afford my services. This does not mean they can not have effective sales campaigns.
These resources are created with the value that you do not need $1,000 in capital to start an effective small business. They are created with the knowledge that branding does not make sales for a brand. That actually creating sales rapport, doing direct marketing campaigns and owning your consumer’s time is the best way to generate sales and long lasting customer relationships. If you have any questions about any of these resources please go to resources below the sections and I will guide you with personalized advice.
We also do not dismiss the power of web-based communications. Only acknowledge that content should be a tool for globally targeted communications, not locally targeted. On 4/21/2018 Ashton Deroy was interviewed by Blog Process in the United Kingdom. This is an example of Ashton Deroy changing his digital marketing approach to be more globally focused.
It would be a lot easier to get your business if I sat here and lied to you for 30 hyperlinks. If I said “Hiring me would make your business automatically make money and you’d never need to work a real job again.” It would also be entirely misleading, also if this were true I really should work on a commission selling your products. I am not going to do that because the truth of the matter is I am absorbing the risk for my business and I don’t want the risk for your own business. I also am partnered with a drop shipping business, called TeaWithTracy.
If you want easy sales training with cheap inspiration. Go listen to the ladies at Mary Kay & Avon lie their asses off to you. If you want the truth about the market, the decline of major social networks and falling consumer incomes. You are now in the right place. I don’t play Barbie’s dream shop, I have a real marketing shop online, I train real junior sales associates/graphic artists and a real writer.
Section 1: Launching your campaign, finding key networks & getting the work done.
- Media planning – These are the key considerations in launching your digital marketing and sales campaign.
- Tools you need to be on in 2018– From connecting with Graphics Designers to Cloud Storage and Promotional printing tools. These are your marketing must-have tools for running your online shop.
- Developing your target audience
Section 2: What is my content?
- Tell your story – I have been accused of oversharing my personal story on the web. That is the best way to teach storytelling, however. I tell a no holds barred version of my story in that link.
- Less is more – Less sales promotion, More conversations. In 2015 Ashton worked with a very intelligent woman named Dina in the Interactive Marketing Communications program at St. Lawrence College. It was there we developed the theory that brands on the web needed to focus more on customer engagement and less on constant focus on conversion and sales.
- Professionalism is over rated!-Why having the professional production does not really mean anything if the content is boring?
Section 3: Profit subtracts from spending. Basic business on the guide.
- Your basic starter store, what it should include – What you thought you needed and what you actually need.
- Are you buying in to your brand? – A guide for selling stuff you yourself would actually buy.
- Sales is king, Marketing is the jester – This article explores different types of return buyers and destroys the myth of being your own boss.
Section 4: Entertainment & having fun.
- Shitty jobs – the Internet has never been just about selling stuff. It has been about entertaining the unconventional audience. In this Ashton Deroy plays a man who works as an outhouse cleaner. Alana Skye plays a crazy chick who is a PI or just a stalker… Who knows actually?
- Dating Advice with Diana & Diana’s Sister – Make up a story, try to stick to it.When the story is fake, it becomes more difficult to stick to. Strive for authenticity. More importantly, have fun with it. The professional blog and website will likely keep your audience’s attention for under 5 minutes. If they have fun on your website, there is more potential for relationship building.
- $20 in advertising, where to spend it?
Section 5: Starting & registering a business.
- Should I use a loan to finance my business? – Ashton Deroy explores the option of using a loan to create a startup. Then suggests avoiding credit cards, capital, and debt financing all together for recreational businesses.
- Should I quit my job to run my online store?
- Should I get incorporated?
Section 6: Why are my sales so low?
- Creating a value proposition
- Throwing out the stock image advertisements
- Differentiating from your supplier
Section 7: The methods of Marketing, Integrating the campaign
For this section, I am going to link you to the Client Brief I submit as my Integrated Marketing Project in 2018 to my professor at Seneca College. The client I chose was TD Bank and I show how they tied their experiential marketing campaign with their YouTube video content that was also used as a television commercial.
- Public Relations
- Outdoor Advertising
- Click advertising
- Sales Promotion
- Direct Marketing
- Call to action advertising
- Magazine Advertising
- News Paper advertising
- Radio Advertising
- Point of Sale Advertising
- Video Advertising
- Experiential Marketing
Section 8: Giving the customer what they paid for.
- It is a seller & service world again
- It is not about the brand it is about the people- A story about my favorite StarBucks Barista
- Rejecting the automated seller. The rise of Fiverr for ad & sponsored post sales.
- Service shop
- Contact – Ashtonderoy@gmail.com or sms 647-850-6802 in Toronto only
- Sponsor our SoundCloud station
- Linkedin – This is Ashton Deroy’s professional Linkedin account. I will connect with anyone.
Brands/Sales reps I am working with:
- Dignity Repairs – This is the pilot client of Ashton Deroy’s cloud services and digital marketing management.
- Tracy G. With Love Winx – This is Tracy G, a Romantic Health and Wellness consultant
- Tracy Carpenter Steeped Tea – This is Tracy Carpenter. She is a Steeped Tea
- Swan Whispers ASMR – This is Swan Whispers ASMR. She paid for a website to share her YouTube videos and launch her product line.
- Canadian Advertising in Action (11th Edition)
- Business Communication Essentials, Fourth Canadian Edition,: Edition 4
You wrote the worst Marketing book I have ever had recommended to me by a Marketing professor I highly respect. Seth Godin’s All Marketers are
Liars Storytellers is one of the worst books I have ever read. I thought if he can write this piece of crap and sell it a little under $20. I can create a resources index for free. I am thankful everyday I can save people the money for going out, buying that crappy book and being bored out of their skull. At least writing about digital Marketing I can write about a relevant topic and give real helpful advice and hyperlinks to important tools.
Thank you for being a jackass with an over-inflated ego